Hey Guys. So day one of Bout of Books is over. I didn’t read as much as I’d like but I put that down to having a cold and I was tired yesterday. I was reading Black Cat by Virginia Andrews.
So the daily challenge was to describe yourself #insixwords , so here goes – reader, geek, blogger, coffee lover, writer.
Now onto my Progress:
- Number of pages read – 140.
- Total pages read – 140
- Number of books read – 0
- Total books read – 0
There you go. Are you taking part? How much did you manage to read yesterday?
See you all tomorrow for another update.
Hey Guys. Its Monday so you know what that means! Its Bout of Books time!! Bout of Books starts today and finishes on Sunday. Anyway this is a post dedicated to the books I plan to read this week. I always pick a larger TBR so that I can pick and choose what I read. On to the books:
- Black Cat by Virginia Andrews – 373 Pages – I have already started reading this and as of Sunday 7th (the time I am typing this post) I am 153 pages in. I may have this finished by the start of the readathon but if not I plan for it to be my first book to finish on Monday.
- A Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion – 227 pages – I am hoping to read this and finish it this week. It is a non-fiction book so it is a little out of my comfort zone but I am trying different genres so I am excited to see what this will bring.
- Scott Pilgrim, Volume 1: Scott Pilgrim’s Precious Little Life by Bryan Lee O’Malley – 168 pages – I have chosen this graphic novel as I remember really enjoying the film when it came out and when I saw this on a deal on my kindle I just had to pick it up. It is quite short and I think I will be able to read the whole thing in one sitting.
- The Fortune Hunter by Daisy Goodwin – 480 pages – I adored Victoria by Daisy Goodwin so when my friend Brooklyn showed me this I knew I had to get myself a copy so I hope to get to this at some point this week.
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber – 416 pages – I have heard great things about this book and people have gave it good reviews. However I’m going into this open minded because I haven’t looked into great depth about what this is about.
- Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake – 432 pages – This looks so good, the premise behind the plot is intriguing and I can’t wait to get stuck in.
- Dragon of Ash & Stars: The Autobiography of a Night Dragon by H. Leighton Dickson – 364 pages – So the title of this pulled me in and made me want to read this. I mean come on it’s the life of a dragon told in the point of view of the dragon. Awesome!!
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens by Alan Dean Foster – 272 pages – I loved the movie so I can almost guarantee that I will love this as well and I should be able to read it quite quickly.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars story by Alexander Freed – 328 pages – Again I loved the films so I’m going to love this and I hope to read it quickly as well.
So there you have it my TBR for Bout of Books 19. My list is slightly big and most of the books are 300 + pages and I know I won’t be able to read them all. However I will be pushing my self to read as many as I can.
Are you taking part in Bout of Books 19? What do you plan to read?
Hey Guys! So exciting news, Bout of Books is back!! Bout of books is one of my favourite readathons to take part in. A whole week to read as much as you want and I just love taking part. Now here is the official blurb for the readathon:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda Shofner and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 8th and runs through Sunday, May 14th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 19 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. – From the Bout of Books team.
What to expect during the readathon from me. I am going to be posting a TBR tomorrow so stay tuned for that. I am also hoping to take part in the daily challenges so that means posting each day. I will be posting my updates at the start of the day, for example my completed challenge and progress for Monday will be posted on Tuesday morning. My completed challenge and progress for Tuesday will be posted on Wednesday and so on so forth until the end of the readathon.
Time for a monthly wrap – up. I can’t believe that April is over. April went by so fast and before we know it May will be finished too. So I am still trying to get my reading average for the month up because I feel like I should read more than I am. This month was a hard month for me with my reading because I had a major reading slump, however I think that has past so I can easily catch up from here. So onto the books, I read a total of 7 books and they were the following:
Celeste by Virginia Andrews – 4 Stars.
The Deadly Dozen by Robert Keller – 4 Stars.
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare – 5 Stars.
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K Rowling – 5 Stars.
The Aztecs by Hourly History – 1 Star.
The Green Mile by Stephen King – 5 Stars.
Pirates of the Caribbean – Dead Man’s Chest by Irene Trimble – 4 Stars.
There you have it folks, my reads for April. How much did you read this month? What was your favourite read for the month?
Hey Guys, so this is slightly later than planned. Dewey’s 24 hour readathon when so fast but I had a lot of fun. I didn’t read as much as I first wanted to but I am really happy with what I did read. I read a total of three books and that makes 658 pages altogether. My favourite book that I read was The Green Mile by Stephen King. The book was phenomenal, a five star read and I wish I had read it sooner.
Who took park in the readathon? How much did you read?
That’s all for now folk, just a quick update but stay tuned for more posts coming.
So as expected I fell asleep from hour 11 through to hour 17. So I missed out those hours.
For hours 18 and 19 I read 75 Pages of Dead Man’s Chest and completed it. I read 44 pages of The Green Mile. There are still 5 hours left and I’m hoping to finish The Green Mile and possible start another book.
I won’t be updating until hour 24 because I’m not going to have Internet.
See you all on hour 24.
Hey Guys, can you believe it? We are at hour 11 of the readathon. I did slightly better in these two hours and read 41 pages of The Green Mile and I also read 83 pages of Pirate of the Caribbean – Dead man’s chest – book of the film.
It’s currently 11pm here and I’m not sure how much reading will get done because whenever I do these readathons I end up falling asleep during the night hours but we shall see.
Hope everyone is having a blast and I’ll see you soon for another update.